Writer • Ghostwriter • Editor
Versatile best-selling writer and ghostwriter on topics ranging from personal finance to computer repair, plastic surgery to parenting. I like to collaborate with experts in subjects that are somewhat new to me, so I can ask the questions that readers are most likely to want answered. My strengths are bringing clarity and structure to the material, keeping the author's voice, and injecting humor as appropriate
QUALIFICATIONS AT A GLANCE
• Experienced Writer of 24 books (including two New York Times best-sellers, seven long-running by-lined columns for national magazines, hundreds of magazine and newspaper articles.
•Versatile Credits include prescriptive non-fiction, autobiographical memoirs, essays, advertorials, advice columns, annual reports, television commentary, sitcom scripts, feature films, as author, co-author, and staffer.
• Adaptable Co-authored books on finance, household management, lifestyle, fitness, computer repair (with founder of The Geek Squad), plastic surgery and columns on nutrition, cooking, relationships, parenting, etiquette, new products
• Credentialed Author for top houses including William Morrow, Simon & Schuster, St. Martin's, Random House, John Wiley & Sons, Morgan James; columnist for Star Magazine, Woman's Day, Cosmopolitan and others; scriptwriter for CBS and NBC
• Writing and editing instructor at NYU and Montclair State University
• Lecturer on grammar and editing for New York Public Library System, post-doc program at Mt. Sinai Medical College
• Creator/Director of television writers' workshop at Columbia Pictures Industries, producer of Smithsonian panel on comedy writing
• Guest lecturer Maui Writers' Conference (topic: ghostwriting)
B.A. cum laude Brown University
M.A .Cornell University